Display Screen Equipment
Under various pieces of Health and Safety Legislation we are obliged to provide staff with training in how to set up and assess a workstation. This course is designed to ensure your Organisation has the necessary skills in-house to make these assessments. These Assessors can then teach staff how to set up their workstations and carry out simple assessments to identify potential issues.
The Course: DSE Assessors Course
Length: 1 day.
Venue: Your own premises.
Numbers: Max 10
By the end of the course your staff will:
- Have a clear understanding of your legal obligations.
- Be able to set up a workstation to a high standard, including:
- Chair adjustments.
- Monitor height and positioning.
- Desk layout.
- Understand the need for good posture.
- Understand what constitutes a risk/hard and know how to avoid it.
- Be able to carry out simple assessments.
- Know what equipment will help and when to apply it.
- Know what needs to be recorded.
- Understand ergonomic issues, such as lighting, noise etcetera.
Cost: Is dependent on numbers, but can be as low as £40.00 per head.